In earlier posts, I had written about a pickle called Magai and a savoury chutney that we make with it called Magai Perugu Pachadi. Today, I am writing about another kind of Maagai Pachadi; this time a sweet one called Teepi Magai Pachadi or Magai Bellam Pachadi.
- Magai – 2 tbsp
- Grated Jaggery – 6 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grind magai, jaggery, and salt with a little water to a smooth thick paste.
- Remove the magai paste in a bowl.
- Add a little water if the Maagai Pachadi is too thick.
- In a ladle, heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds to the oil and wait till they sputter.
- Add the oil and mustard seeds to the pachadi.
- Mix well.
- Serve this delicious Teepi Magai Pachadi as a side dish with idli, dosa, upma, etc.
Eat with rice.
Serve as a side dish to Gummidikaya Koora or Pappu Koora.
- You can store this pachadi in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- This pachadi is best made with maagai which is at least a year old.