It is the season of mangoes and here is another pachadi I like!
- Fresh Coconut Pieces – 1/2 Cup
- Raw Mango – 1 medium-sized (must be khatta, sour)
- Udad Dal – 2 tbsp
- Hot Red Chillies – 3
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric – 1/8 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- In a small kadai or ladle, heat 2 tsp oil.
- Add udad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add red chillies and fry for 15 secs.
- Let the dal and chillies cool.
- Peel and cut the mango to small pieces.
- Grind the coconut pieces, mango pieces, fried udad dal, red chillies, salt, and turmeric.
- Add water as required and grind to the consistency of a thick, slightly coarse paste.
- Take out the pachadi in a bowl.
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds.
- Wait till the seeds sputter and add to the pachadi.
- Mix well.
- Serve with hot rice.
- The mango must be khatta (sour) and the red chillies must be spicy. Otherwise the pachadi will be very bland. 🙁
- Nuvvulu-Mammidikaya Pachadi (Sesame and Raw Mango Chutney) (aahaaramonline.com)
- Mammidikaya Pappu (Dal with Raw Mango) (aahaaramonline.com)