Paneer or Cottage Cheese is one of my favourite ingredients. I love the very taste of paneer and don’t like to mask it in heavy spices. This very simple dish is a particular favourite of mine. This version of paneer bhaji is ready in a jiffy and is very healthy, because very little oil or spices are involved.
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion – 1 Medium-Sized
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – A Large Pinch
- Amchur/Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Cube the paneer into 1/2″ cubes.
- Dice onion finely.
- In a wok/kadai, heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add the diced onion and green chillies.
- Fry till the onion turns transparent.
- Add the turmeric powder.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the paneer cubes, amchur, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve with hot rotis.