This is a very popular dish in Maharashtra and makes good use of left over chapatis/rotis. If you are like me, you may even make it with freshly made chapatis. 🙂 Chapati Poha makes for a healthy breakfast or light lunch.
- Chapatis – 4
- Onion – 1
- Medium Green Chillies – 3 or 4
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 3 or 4
- Turmeric – A Pinch
- Salt to Taste
- Tear the chapatis into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a wok/kadai, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add the onion pieces and fry till transparent.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves, and turmeric.
- Fry for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt, and chapati pieces.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm with a bowl of curd.
- If the chapati are too dry, sprinkle 1-2 tsps of water on the chapati pieces after tearing them. Mix well.
- Do not add too much water or the pieces will turn to mush. 🙁
- You could also add some garam masala or some more red chilli powder.
- Masala Pohe (Beaten Rice with Tomato) (aahaaramonline.com)
- Kanda Poha / Simple Onion Poha (mjdelights.in)