I had a couple of requests on how to make sprouts, so here goes. This post deals with how to get moong (green gram, pesalu) to sprout but applies equally to matki, chana, etc.
- Moong, Pesalu, or Green Gram – 1 Cup
- Water – 4 Cups
- Soak the moong in water for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the water completely from the moong.
- Put the soaked moong in a casserole and close the lid.
- Set aside for at least 8 hours.
- Sprouts Ready for use.
- You could also drain the water using a colander, leave the moong in the colander, cover the moong, and keep the colander in a warm nook.
- Another ways to tie up the soaked, drained moong in a cotton cloth and set aside for about 8 hours.
- Moong Bhaji (Green Gram Curry/Pesalu Koora) (aahaaramonline.com)
- Sprouted Moong Sabzi or Sprouted Green Gram/Mung Salad. (lovecookingfood.wordpress.com)
- Moong Sprouts Sundal (sangaaa.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Moong Dal Khichdi (otakuovertherainbow.wordpress.com)
- greem gram soup (adigebhatta.wordpress.com)
- Mag nu Saag (Green Gram Curry) (khojicook.wordpress.com)
- green gram rotti. (adigebhatta.wordpress.com)
- green gram khichdi (adigebhatta.wordpress.com)
- Moong Dal Sprouts and Farsan (aahaaramonline.com)