This is a “one dish meal” I learnt from Amma. It is very easy to make and delicious. I love this simple Pulao and so do many for whom I make this. Enjoy!
If you have children, do try this. You will have them eating a whole lot of veggies and Palak, all in one sitting!
- Rice (preferable Basmati) – 2 Cups
- Palak or Spinach Leaves – 1 Large Bunch
- Coriander Leaves – 1 Small Bunch
- Fresh Ginger – 2” piece
- Green Chillies – 4 to 5
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Chopped mixed veggies (carrots, french beans, cauliflower, peas) – 1.5 Cups
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Pressure cook rice with about 3 cups of water till done. Spread out on a large plate to cool and dry.
- Grind Palak, Coriander Leaves, Green Chillies, and Ginger to a smooth thick paste.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the mixed veggies. Stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add a enough water to just cover the vegetables.
- Cover the kadai and cook over medium heat till veggies are parboiled.
- Add the Palak-Coriander paste and sauté till the water evapourates.
- Add rice, turmeric, and salt.
- Mix well, but with a light hand.
- Cover and let it rest for about 10 mins.
- Serve warm with papad and/or raita.
- Kakdi Raita or Cucumber Raita (aahaaramonline.com)
- Palak-Paneer (Spinach- Cottage Cheese Curry) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Methi Corn Biryani (Rice with Fenugreek Leaves and Corn) (aahaaramonline.com)
- Coriander Pulao. (durgasdelicacies.wordpress.com)
- Dal Palak (kitchenkemistry.wordpress.com)
- Makai Malai Palak/Sweetcorn in a creamy spinach sauce.. (kelipaan.wordpress.com)