We have been going to Bhagat Tarachand long before it became this chain across Mumbai. For me, it has always been for two of their dishes; Jalebi Rabdi and Papad Churi. Of course, their chaas is great too.
Then Bhagat Tarachand started another restaurant called Shvatra and thankfully included some traditional favourites on the menu here as well.
My standard order at this restaurant is Lasooni Dal + Steam Rice or Dal Khichadi along with Papad Churi and Chaas. I end the meal with Jalebi Rabdi. 🙂
Today, we had Dal Fry and Rice for lunch. When Dad suggested roasting some papads, I thought of making Papad Churi.
Time: 10 Minutes
- Mini Udad Papads – 8
Regular Udad Papad – 4
I used Lijjat Pepper Papad
- Onion – 1 small
- Oil – For Frying
- Salt – To Taste
- Chaat Masala or Amchur Powder – To Taste
- Peel and cut the onion into halves.
- Cut each into thin slices.
- Sprinkle some salt on the onion slices.
- Mix well.
- In a wok or kadai, heat some oil.
- Deep fry the papads.
- Set aside.
- In the same oil, shallow fry the salted onion slices till they are golden brown.
- Set the browned onion slices on a tissue paper so that it absorbs the oil.
- Crush the fried papads into small pieces.
- Mix the fried papad pieces and oil slices.
- Sprinkle chaat masala or amchur powder.
- Mix well.
- Season with some salt, if required.
- Serve with Dal Khichidi or Dal Rice.