ఉగాది శుభాకాంక్షలు! Ugadi Shubhakankshalu!
Ugadi, the Telugu New Year, is a time of celebration with family and friends. This year, Ugadi falls on March 29, 2017. As with any festival, Ugadi celebrations involve a lot of food. Here are a few Ugadi Recipes that will help you celebrate the festival with fun and fervour.
Some Ugadi Recipes to Enjoy with Your Family
- Ugadi Pachadi. All celebrations of Ugadi begin with the Ugadi Pachadi. Ugadi Pachadi is an amagamation of six tastes found in nature; sweet, sour, tangy, spicy, bitter, andsalty. The six tastes (shadruchulu) represent the various experiences we have in life, and having Ugadi Pachadi reminds us that we should face life with equanimity.
- Pulihora. Tangy rice that is a must for all festivities in Andhra. Here are a few different ways in which you can make it:
- Other Types of Rice. Apart from Pulihora, here are some other dishes made with rice.
- Sweets. How can any celebration ever omit a sweet? Try these traditional Andhra sweets.
- Bobbattu or Puran Poli
- Bellam Paravannam
- Semiya Payasam
- Saggubiyyam Payasam
- Pesara Pappu Payasam
- Pal Payasam
- Gasagasala Payasam
- Poornam Boorelu
- Rava Kesari
- Minapa Sunni Undalu or Sunnundalu
- Pesara Sunni Undalu
- Besan Laddoo
- Quick and Easy Coconut Laddoo
- Badushah or Balushahi
- Badam Halwa