Isn’t Beetroot Raita just gorgeous to look at? I am very fond of Perugu Pachadis or Raitas. I can and am known to make a meal of them. I have already written about:
- Kakdi Raita
- Boondi Raita
- Bendakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Vendakaya Kichadi
- Vankaya Perugu Pachadi
- Lal Bholpa Bharit
Today, I am writing about another popular variant, the Beetroot Raita.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Grated Beet – 1 Cup
- Cold Yogurt – 1.5 Cups
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Salt or Sea Salt to Taste
- Sprinkle about 2 tbsp water on the beet.
- Pressure cook the beet for 2 whistles.
Steam the grated beet for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let the beetroot cool.
- Add the cumin powder and salt to the yogurt.
- Mix well.
- Add the steamed beet and mix well.
- Serve chilled with rotis or pulao.
- You could add a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves to the Raita, if required.