With the festival season upon us, we need a lot of naivedyam recipes. A couple of years ago, I had posted the recipes for Guggillu, Chickpea or Kondakadalai Sundal, Sweet Corn Sundal, and Senagala Guggillu. Yesterday, I made Peanut Sundal or Verusenaga Guggillu.
Tgis delicious and easy to make snack is also known as Also known as Palli Guggillu or Verkadalai Sundal.
How to Make Peanut Sundal | Verkadalai Sundal | Verusenaga Guggillu | Palli Guggillu
Makes: 2 Cups
Time: 45 Minutes
- Peanuts – 1.75 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Split Black Gram or Udad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 2 or 3
- Curry Leaves – 6 to 8
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida or Hing – A Large Pinch
- Salt to Taste
- For 15 minutes, soak the peanuts in 3 cups of water.
- Add about 1/2 tsp of salt to the soaked peanuts. Do not discard the water in which the peanuts were soaked.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Drain the water completely and set aside,
- In a wok or kadai, heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add udad dal and fry till it is golden brown.
- Turn the heat to low
- Add split red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked peanuts and grated coconut.
- Stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add a bit of salt, if required.
- Mix well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Offer as naivedyam.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.