- Bendakaya/Bhindi/Okra – 1/2 Kg
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Wash and dry the bendakaya.
- Chop of the ends.
- Cut the bhindi into 1/4″pieces.
- In a wok/kadai, heat the oil.
- Add the bendakaya pieces and mix well.
- Turn the heat to medium heat.
- Fry the bendakaya till the edges just start to turn brown.
- Stir every 2 mins or so.
- After the bendakaya is cooked, add the salt and mix well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the red chilli powder and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
- Do not cover the bhindi while cooking. If you do, it will turn all sticky.
- You could add onion to this koora. If you do then, add the onion pieces after the bendakaya is half-fried. This is because the onion cooks faster than the bendakaya. So, if fry the onion before the bendakaya, it will get charred.
- Fry the bendakaya over medium heat. Do not turn the heat to high as then the bendakaya pieces will char but not cook.
- Stir the bendakaya pieces constantly.
- Bhendi Besara (subudhi123go.wordpress.com)
- Bhindi Masala (Okra/Ladies Finger Dry Curry) (myfancypantry.com)
- Dahi Bhindi (subudhi123go.wordpress.com)