As I was thinking of what to make for dinner tonight, I was mentally going through the various one-dish meals that I could make. I then started to browse through my own recipes to see what I could “recycle” and so came about the idea of doing a quick round-up of some of the rice dishes I have written about.
So here are a few:
- Tava Pulao, a classic from Mumbai’s famous Khau Gallis.
- Methi Tamatar Biryani, a favourite with one of my cousins.
- Quick and Easy Paneer Biryani, a personal favourite.
- Egg Biryani, a delicious biryani that uses coconut milk.
- Methi Corn Biryani, a biryani that melds the bitterfenugreek with sweet corn.
- Dindigul Thalapakatti Biryani, a popular biryani from Hyderabad.
- Biryani with Soya Nuggets, a protein rich biryani.
- Coconut Milk Briyani, a rich and creamy biryani.
- Hyderbadi Qubooli or Qabooli, a biryani with Chana Dal.
- Palak Pulav, a healthy pulao with almost no spices that is still delicious.
- Pudina Pulao, a minty cousin of the Palak Pulav
- Vegetable Pulav, a trusted stand-by for those days when you want something quick and easy.