Sometimes, I have leftover Idlis or a little leftover Idli batter. In either case, I use the resulting Idlis to make Idli Upma. This is a dish that tastes best when made with Idlis that are at least a few hours old.
I keep the extra Idlis in the an air-tight container and leave them overnight in the fridge.
- Idlis – 6
- Udad Dal/Minapappu – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds/Avalu – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 2 or 3
- Curry Leaves – 4 to 6
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Crumble the idlis into a coarse powder.
- In a kadai/wok, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add udad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add split red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the Idli powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm with Kobbari Gulla Senaga Pappu Pachadi.