A cool raita is the prefect accompaniment to a spicy biryani/pulao or even rotis. You can make raita with a range of vegetables. This recipe is for a Cucumber Raita (in Hindi, it is called Kakdi Raita) which combines the coolness of the cucumber with coolness of the yogurt/curd.
How to Make Cucumber Raita | Kakdi Raita
- Kakdi/Cucumber – 1
- Fresh Curd/Yoghurt – 1/2 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Peel and grate the cucumber.
- Beat the curd to a smooth consistency.
- To the beaten curd, add salt, slit green chillies, and grated cucumber.
- Mix well.
- Heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add to the raita.
- I use black salt or saindha namak in place of regular salt.