Minapa Sunni Undalu (also called Sunnundalu) is an Udad Dal Laddu that is very popular in Andhra Pradesh. Easy to make and absolutely delicious, this laddu is made for most festive occasions like Deepavali.
You can make Minapa Sunni Undalu with Udad Dal with or without the skin. I chose to make it with split udad dal with skin as I love the texture and taste that it imparts. It is also far more healthy than the Sunnundalu made with husked dal.
How to Make Minapa Sunni Undalu | Sunnundalu
Time: 45 Mins
- Udad Dal, Minapappu – 1 Cup
- Grated Jaggery or Sugar – 3/4 Cup
- Ghee – 1/2 Cup
- Dry roast the udad dal till it turns golden brown.
- Spread the udad dal in a large steel plate for ~15 minutes to cool.
- Grind the udad dal with the sugar or jaggery to a fine powder.
- Melt the ghee.
- Slowly add the ghee to the udad dal powder.
- Mix well to form a crumbly texture.
- Shape into 10-12 equal sized balls.
- Store the Minapa Sunni Undalu | Sunnundalu in an airtight container.