A couple of days ago, I posted the recipe for Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto. The first dish I used it in is this wonderful Pasta. All I needed to do was to toss the cooked Pasta in the Pesto, and voila! my lunch was ready.
The best part about this Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto was that it was light, aromatic and so full of flavour.
I have quite a bit of pesto in store and look forward to making this Pasta again.
Also try the Basil Walnut Pesto.
How to Make Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- Pasta - 200 gms
- tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto - 2 to 3
- tbsp Olive Oil - 1
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper Powder to Taste Optional
Boil about 1 litre of water.
When the water comes to a rolling boil, add about 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil.
Add the Pasta and cook till done.
Drain the water completely.
Add the Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto.
Season with salt and pepper powder, if required.
* I used Fusilli. However, I think Penne might be better suited.
* For best results, make the Pasta just before you want to eat it.
* This is a rather dry Pasta. For a creamier texture, add either 1/4 cup cream or then grind the Pesto with 1/4 cup mashed Avocado and then mix with the Pasta