Alu Shimla Mirch ki Sabzi is one of those comfort foods that can be found in many a North Indian home. It is a very simple to make and can elevate a simple roti to a new level.
We also make a Besan Wali Shimla Mirch ki Sabzi at home.
How to Make Alu Shimla Mirch ki Sabzi | Potato Capsicum Curry
Time: 30 Minutes
- Capsicum or Shimla Mirch – 4 Large
- Potato – 2 Large
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Kitchen King Masala or Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Deseed the Capsicum and cut into 1/2″ pieces.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1/2″ cubes.
- In a wok or kadhai, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add the potato pieces and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the capsicum pieces and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat till the potato and capsicum are done. Stir occasionally.
- When the potato and capsicum are cooked, add turmeric powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes till the raw smell of turmeric is lost.
- Add the chilli powder, Kitchen King/Garam Masala, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve Alu Shimla Mirch ki Bhaji | Potato Capsicum Curry warm with phulkas or rotis.
- If you use Garam Masala, add 1/4 tsp Amchur powder.
- You can also use a 1 tsp Coriander Powder + 1/2 tsp Amchur powder instead of Kitchen King/Garam Masala.