I made Cajun Potatoes this week usingAbraham’s recipe. The taste was exactly the same as that of Barbeque Nation (why would I ever doubt Jofy? :)). I also have this on authority from me team mates at work who went ga-ga over it. The sad part was that they got just one potato each. I will make it up to them by making another batch.
What I loved about this recipe was that it was super simple, especially because I used readymade Thousand Island Dressing and Cajun Spice mix. As a result, it took me barely abut 30 minutes to make this delicious starter.
I look forward to making Cajun Potatoes more often now.
Before I forget, do visit Jofy’s blog(I just love the name!) for more delicious recipes. Her is next on my list.
How to Make Barbeque Nation Cajun Potatoes Recipe
Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potatoes
- 1/2 Kg Baby Potatoes
- 1 Cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Pinch Pepper Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Frying
- Mix together the Thousand Island Dressing, Cajun Spice Mix, Pepper, and Salt.
- Set aside.
- Scrub the baby potatoes to get rid of any dirt.
- Boil or pressure cook the baby potatoes (with skin) till just tender.
- Let the potatoes cool.
- Using a heavy spoon, squash each baby potato till the skin just splits.
- In a shallow pan, heat about 1/4 cup oil.
- Over medium heat, shallow fry the baby potatoes.
- Take out of the oil with a slotted spoon.
- Drain all excess oil.
- Lay the fried potatoes in a plate.You can either drizzle generous amount of sauce on each potato.
Serve the dip separately.