This past week, we got a cook at home. Actually, there are these two sisters; A and R; who help clean our home and when we needed a cook, we asked the older of the two, A, to help us. And what a boon she turned out to be. While she is learning “our way” of cooking, she also has this store of recipes that she gladly shares with me and cooks for us.
This version of the boiled egg curry is A‘s concoction and what a yummy thing dish it was. The best part about this curry is that boiled eggs absorb the wonderful, spicy gravy and that makes it even more yummy! 🙂
The best part about this dish is that it is very easy to make and gets done in a jiffy.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – 4
- Tomato – 2 Medium
- Onion – 1 Large
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Chop the tomatoes and onions into very small pieces.
- In a wok or kadhai, heat the oil.
- Add the onions and fry till they are soft.
- Add the tomato pieces and fry till they are completely stewed.
- Add tumeric, chilli powder, and garam masala.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Make vertical slits along the length of the boiled eggs.
- Drop the eggs in the gravy and cook till the water reduces to 1/3 the quantity.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatis.
- Kerala Egg Roast (aahaaramonline.com)
- Egg masala-Easy Indian style Egg Curry (tummykhush.wordpress.com)
- Egg Curry (Mangalorean style) (ssvaas.wordpress.com)
- Egg Curry (casuallycookingwithbinu.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply