Cold Cucumber Soup is just what I needed in this year’s unusually hot summer. With temperatures flirting with 40°C in April, I dread to think what lies in store for Mumbai in May and June. These hot and humid days actually put me off eating altogether or I keep yearning for something cold.
I have been meaning to make this Cold Cucumber Soup or Chilled Cucumber Soup for a while now and the weather had handed me the perfect opportunity. This soup can be made with ingredients readily available in many Indian homes and is very light on the stomach. The best part about this recipe for the Cold Cucumber Soup is that there is no cooking involved and so it frees us from using the hot stove as well.
I made a big batch of this soup and then left it to be chilled in the fridge and had it for lunch over 3 days. It stayed fresh and so that meant even less cooking. 🙂
How to Make Cold Cucumber Soup
Easy Chilled or Cold Cucumber Soup
- 2 + 1/2 Cups Finely Chopped Cucumber
- 4 Cups Regular Yogurt or Dahi
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Dill Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsely + For Garnish
- 6 Large Cloves Garlic
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pepper Powder To Taste I used white pepper powder
- Salt To Taste
- Grind 2 Cups of Cucumber, Dill, Parsley, Garlic, and 4 tbsp Olive Oil into a coarse paste.
- Beat the yogurt till it is smooth.
- Add the ground cucumber paste, ½ cup cucumber pieces and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper powder.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, divide into 4 portions.
- Drizzle some Olive Oil onto each portion.
- Garnish with some Parsley.
- Serve chilled.