Fusion Delight is a deceptively simple name that Hetal has thought of for this dessert par excellence. First, it is a superb amalgamation of tastes we love; Gajar ka Halwa and Apple Cinnamon Sauce. Then there are the various textures; the Gajar ka Halwa with a bit of a bite, super smooth Apple sauce, and a crunchy biscuit base!
It is not surprising that this recipe of Hetal’s won her a contest hosted by the popular blog Manjula’s Kitchen. The moment I saw the recipe, I wanted to taste it and hassled Hetal about it. Hetal being Hetal made it for our family this past week. 🙂
Also try Hetal’s Kela Methi ki Sabzi!
This recipe and its execution is so so representative of Hetal. She is a talented person of hidden depths who is a perfectionist to the core. There is not a thing I have seen Hetal do that is short of perfect. Coming back to Hetal’s culinary skills, I have relished many a dish cooked by Hetal and I can tell you that each one had me ooh-ing and aah-ing.
I am privileged to present Hetal’s winning recipe on my blog. Thank you, Hetal!
I thought the love and affection that Hetal infused this recipe with makes it the perfect recipe for Valentine’s Day!
In Hetal’s own word, “My Fusion Delight pie is a great way to enjoy almost a healthy and guilt free desert. This pie is consists of several layers of delightful goodness that is sure to please most everyone. Give it a try.”
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Yield: 12 X Cup Cake Size Portions or 1 X 8″ Round/Square Shape
Ingredients for Gajar ka Halwa
- Grated carrots – 3 Cups
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 Cup
Method to Make Gajar ka Halwa
- Mix all ingredients together in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Cook over medium heat till the carrots are cooked and the mix attains the texture of a thick pudding.
Ingredients for the Base
- Powdered Digestive Biscuits – 1.5 Cups
- Powdered Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Milk – A Few Drops
Method to Make the Base
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Sauce
- Apple Pulp – 4 Cups
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 2 tsp
Method to Make the Apple Cinnamon Sauce
- Combine apple pulp and sugar.
- Cook on high flame till the mix reduces by half.
- Add cinnamon powder.
- Mix well.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature.
Ingredients for Garnish
- Crushed Pistachios – 1/4 cup
Putting It All Together
- Layer the bottom of the tray or muffin cups with the digestive biscuit mix.
- Press lightly with a spoon to form a firm base.
- Spread a thin layer of the cinnamon-spiced apple sauce on top of the base.
- Spoon all the Gajar Halwa evenly as the next layer.
- Press lightly with a spoon to form a smooth layer.
- Sprinkle some crushed pistachios on top of the Gajar Ka Halwa.
- Decorate with the remaining apple-cinnamon sauce.
Leave a Reply