Ginger Lemon is one of those drinks that you either love or you hate. Needless to say I love this spicy drink. Not only is it a great refresher in the scorching Indian summer, but also a wonderful digestive aid.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Fresh Grated Ginger – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
- Water at Room Temperature – 1 Cup
- Chilled Water – 3 Cups
- Add the grated ginger to 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and gently simmer for 5 minutes till the water turns cloudy.
- Turn off the heat and add the honey.
- Mix well till the honey dissolves.
- Let the ginger extract cool completely.
- Mix well and filter out all the ginger.
- Discard the ginger.
- To the filtered ginger extract, add the lemon juice and 3 cups of chilled water.
Add more water or honey, if you find the drink a bit too spicy.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply