I was browsing for a recipe with almonds when I came across this recipe for Honey Roasted Almonds and I had to try it immediately. All I can say is that it is yummmmmmmm….
This recipe is adapted from the recipe of Honey Roasted Almonds at www.allrecipes.com.
- Almonds – 100 gms
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1.5 tbsp
- Water – 0.5 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – A Large Pinch
- Spread the almonds on a baking tray.
- Place in an unheated oven.
- Turn on the oven and heat to 175°C
- Bake the almonds for about 10 minutes, tossing them every 3 minutes.
- Turn off the oven. Leave the almonds in the oven for about 3 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let the almonds cool.
- In a saucepan, mix the oil, water, salt, and honey.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the toasted almonds to the honey and cook well till all the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and let cool till just warm to touch.
- Gently separate the almonds.
- Sprinkle the sugar on the almonds and toss till all almonds are coated with sugar.
- Store in an airtight tin.
- You can add a large pinch of finely ground cinnamon powder to the honey in step 7 to a touch of spice. 🙂
Leave a Reply