With the onset of summer, my desire to eat a breakfast goes into a tailspin. I cannot be tempted to sit down to a breakfast in hot an sultry Mumbai. Forgoing breakfast makes me hungry and crabby, so I resort to drinking filling milkshakes as an alternative.
One of my most favourite milkshakes ever is Kaju Anjeer Milkshake. I first had this absolutely delicious drink at Shiv Sagar in Juhu. I used to be a regular at this restaurant so much so that the people there knew what I would want to order. 🙂
Kaju Anjeer Milkshake is quite heavy and since Shiv Sagar served it in a tall glass, just the milkshake would be a meal in itself. And the best part was that I would not miss a meal because Shiv Sagar used to make the milkshake so thick that I had to eat it with a spoon! I have often been offered ice-cream as a topping but have never had the courage to try it because I had trouble finishing the milkshake by itself. 🙂
I tried to make Kaju Anjeer Milkshake just the way I used to have it at Shiv Sagar and came pretty close to the original thing.
How to Make Kaju Anjeer Milkshake (Cashew Fig Milkshake)
Soaking Time: 30 Mins
Blending Time: 2 Mins
- Dried Figs or Anjeer – 6
- Cashews or Kaju – 1/4 Cup
- Cold Milk – 2 Cups
- Honey – 2 tsp (optional, Anjeer is sweet enough)
Method to Make the Cashew Fig Milkshake
- Place the dried figs in a small bowl.
- Add just enough water so that the figs are covered.
- Soak the figs for 30 minutes.
- Grind the dried figs and cashews into a coarse using the water the figs were soaked in.
- Blend the cashew-fig paste with the milk and honey.
- Serve the Kaju Anjeer Milkshake cold.