With the onset of summer, my desire to eat a breakfast goes into a tailspin. I cannot be tempted to sit down to a breakfast in hot an sultry Mumbai. Forgoing breakfast makes me hungry and crabby, so I resort to drinking filling milkshakes as an alternative.
One of my most favourite milkshakes ever is Kaju Anjeer Milkshake. I first had this absolutely delicious drink at Shiv Sagar in Juhu. I used to be a regular at this restaurant so much so that the people there knew what I would want to order. 🙂
Depending on my mood and time of day, it would be Pav Bhaji, Dal Khichadi with Papad with Chaas, or then Kaju Anjeer Milkshake.
Kaju Anjeer Milkshake is quite heavy and since Shiv Sagar served it in a tall glass, just the milkshake would be a meal in itself. And the best part was that I would not miss a meal because Shiv Sagar used to make the milkshake so thick that I had to eat it with a spoon! I have often been offered ice-cream as a topping but have never had the courage to try it because I had trouble finishing the milkshake by itself. 🙂
I tried to make Kaju Anjeer Milkshake just the way I used to have it at Shiv Sagar and came pretty close to the original thing.
How to Make Kaju Anjeer Milkshake (Cashew Fig Milkshake)
Soaking Time: 30 Mins
Blending Time: 2 Mins
- Dried Figs or Anjeer – 6
- Cashews or Kaju – 1/4 Cup
- Cold Milk – 2 Cups
- Honey – 2 tsp (optional, Anjeer is sweet enough)
Method to Make the Cashew Fig Milkshake
- Place the dried figs in a small bowl.
- Add just enough water so that the figs are covered.
- Soak the figs for 30 minutes.
- Grind the dried figs and cashews into a coarse using the water the figs were soaked in.
- Blend the cashew-fig paste with the milk and honey.
- Serve the Kaju Anjeer Milkshake cold.
Leave a Reply