Koshambir is a simple fresh salad that is very popular is Maharastrian households. It is very easy to make and gets doen in a jiffy! You can have Koshambir with rotis or then just by itself.I love it because it is filling, crunchy, and makes for a great low calorie lunch.
- Carrot – 1 Medium
- Cucumber – 1 Medium
- Tomato – 1 Large
- Green Chillies – 2
- Peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- In a wok/kadai, over medium heat, dry roast the peanuts till they start to change colour.
- Set aside to cool.
- When the peanuts are cool, crush them using a mortar and pestle.
- Peel and chop the carrots, cucumber, and tomato into 1/4″ pieces.
- Chop the green chillies into halves.
- Mix the green chillies, cucumber, carrot, and tomato pieces together.
- Add salt to the salad and mix well.
- Just before serving the salad, add the crushed peanuts and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis or by itself.
- You can also add chilled curd or dahi to the Koshambir.