I love one-dish meals. The other day, I had loads of winter vegetables at home and was wondering what to make when I thought of Pudina Pulao. It is very easy to make and delicious.
Like Pulaos and Biryanis? You can find many more recipes in this Collection of Pulao and Biryani Recipes.
How to Make Mint Pulav | Pudina Pulao
Time: 45 Minutes
- Rice (preferable Basmati) – 1.5 Cups
- Fresh Pudina or Mint Leaves – 1/2 Packed Cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1 Packed Cup
- Fresh Ginger – 1” piece
- Green Chillies – 2 or 3
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped mixed veggies (carrots, french beans, cauliflower, peas, potatoes) – 1.5 Cups
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Pressure cook rice with about 3 cups of water till done. Spread out on a large plate to cool and dry.
- Grind Pudina, Coriander Leaves, Green Chillies, and Ginger to a smooth thick paste.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the mixed veggies. Stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add a enough water to just cover the vegetables.
- Cover the kadai and cook over medium heat till veggies are parboiled.
- Add the Mint-Coriander paste and sauté till the water evapourates.
- Add rice, turmeric, and salt.
- Mix well, but with a light hand.
- Cover and let it rest for about 10 mins.
- Serve Pudina Pulao warm with papad and/or raita.
- I add about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp oil to the basmati rice before cooking it. I find that this prevents the rice from becoming sticky.
Leave a Reply