As a general rule I am not too fond of radishes of any variety; I find the taste too strong. However, ever since I saw Dimple Makani’s post on Roasted Radishes in Brown Butter Sauce, I have been wanting to try this simple yet oh-so-appealing dish. And try them I did this past week. Now I am in love with this dish. 🙂
While Dimple has a more decadent version that uses a Brown Butter Sauce, I made a simpler version that uses just salt and pepper for seasoning.
Do visit Dimple’s blog at https://shivaaydelights.wordpress.com for more delicious recipes!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Red Radishes – 8
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp + To Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Cut the tops of the radishes.
- Cut each red radish in 1/2.
- Mix 1/2 tsp salt in oil oil.
- Add the radish pieces into the oil.
- Toss till the pieces are well-coated.
- Set aside.
- Pre-heat an oven to 150ºC.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Place the baby radish pieces cut face-down on the lined tray.
- Drizzle all the oil over the radish pieces.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take the tray out and flip the radish pieces so that the cut side now faces up.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or till the edges turn brown and the pieces are tender.
- Place the roasted radish pieces in a bowl.
- Drizzle the oil from the baking tray over the pieces.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground pepper powder over the radish pieces.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply