Dimple of Shivaay Delights was one of my earliest “blogging friends”. Her comments are always so encouraging and Dimple as a person is always so full of Joie de Vivre and positive energy. This attitude is also reflected in her recipes which are colorful, simple, delicious and healthy. 🙂
I don’t know why it took me so much time to ask her for a guest post, but I am glad I did because she gave me this spicy and sweet Sweet Corn Spinach Curry that tickles the taste buds!
Over to Dimple!
When my dear friend Aruna asked me to do a guest post for her wonderful blog, I jumped at the chance. She has always been an inspiration to me and I am always learning so much from her gorgeous culinary recipes.
Here I would like to share a curry that I made as I fancied something spicy yet sweet. Perfect with soft chapatis and rice. Hope you enjoy friends….
Recipe for Sweet Corn Spinach Curry
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 cups tinned sweetcorn
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger puree
- 200g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Pinch of mustard and cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin & coriander powder
- 1 tsp pau bhaji masala or more to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
Method to Make Sweet Corn and Spinach Curry
- Blitz the spinach, pepper, garlic and ginger along with the tomato passata in a food processor until you have a pesto kind of consistency.
- In a large saucepan heat the mustard and cumin seeds in the sunflower oil on a medium heat.
- Once the seeds start to pop, slowly add in the spinach and pepper mixture.
- Throw in all seasoning and spices plus sweetcorn, stir and cover, reduce to a low heat.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the Sweet Corn and Spinach Curry with some chapatis and rice or use as a topper on some naan bread.