Vegetables in Thai Green Curry Sauce is a family favourite. At any Asian restaurant, it is possibly the first thing we will order. Given that we love it so much, we decided to try it at home and it was a great success!
The best part about this recipe is that you get all ingredients very easily in India.
Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients for the Thai Green Curry Paste
- Fresh Basil – 2/3 Cup
- Fresh Coriander – 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Lemon Grass Stalks – 2
- Shallots – 2
- Garlic Cloves – 2
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Green Chillies – 3
- Pepper Corns – 8
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 Cup
Ingredients for the Vegetables Thai Green Curry Paste
- Red Bell Pepper – 1 small
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1 small
- Broccoli Florets – 10 to 12 small
- Baby Corn – 8 to 10
- Coconut Milk – 3/4 Cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
Method to Make Thai Green Curry Paste
- In a hot pan, roast the cumin seeds for a couple of minutes.
- In a hot pan, roast the coriander seeds for a couple of minutes.
- Grind the coriander, cumin, and pepper to a fine powder.
- Grind together all ingredients to a fine paste.
Method to Make the Thai Green Curry
- Cut the peppers into thin long strips.
- Cut the baby corn into discs.
- In a wok, heat the oil.
- Add the thai green curry paste and saute for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of coconut milk and 1/3 cup water.
- Over medium cook till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Be careful about the amount of salt because soy sauce tends to be quite salty.