While we enjoy all kinds of food and look for new cuisines to explore, there is something about simple, home-cooked food that always draws us to it. A very good example of this kind of food is this very easy to make Cabbage ad Peas Koora. It is the ultimate comfort food and is a dish always welcome in our home.
- Cabbage/Gobi – 1/2 Kg
- Peas – 1 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 4 tbsp (optional)
- Rai or Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Udad Dal or Husked Black Gram – 1 tsp
- Chana Dal or Bengal Gram – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 2 or 3
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – A Few
- Salt to Taste
- Finely chop the cabbage.
- Boil about 2 litres of water with 1 tsp of water.
- Add the cabbage and peas.
- Cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cabbage is just cooked or turns transparent.
- Drain the water completely from the cabbage.
- In a kadai/wok, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add the udad dal and chana dal.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add split red chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry for 3-5 seconds.
- Add the boiled cabbage and peas.
- Mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve with rice or chapatis.
- Cabbage Ava Pettina Koora (Cabbage Curry with Mustard Paste) (aahaaramonline.com)
- On coconuts, curry leaves, filter kaapi and more! (ashspai.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Salad (lonaj68.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Manchurian (casuallycookingwithbinu.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Soup (Version 1, with fresh cabbage) (worldlycooking.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Rolls (coastaldelights.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Paratha (swatizcookstudio.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Potato Peas mix in mild Indian spices (simplyvegetarian777.wordpress.com)