What do I say about the taste of this soup! Your mind fights to identify a distinct taste; is it the sweetness of the carrots? Or then the tanginess of the orange? Wait! it is the sharpness of the ginger. I quite liked this eclectic mix of tastes in this Carrot Soup with Ginger and Orange, and hope you do too.
- Carrots – 1 Kg
- Oranges -2
Orange Juice – 1 Cup
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Pepper Powder to Taste (Optional)
- Salt to Taste
- Boil 3 Cups of water.
- Peel and chop the carrots into 1″ cubes.
- Add the carrot cubes to the boiling water.
- Cook covered till the carrots are tender.
- Takes about 15 minutes.
- Add more water, if required.
- Turn off the heat and add ginger to the cooked carrots.
- Cover and set aside to cool.
- If you are using oranges:
- Peel the orange and the orange segments.
- Blend the peeled orange segments along with the cooled carrots and ginger into a smooth liquid.
- If you are using orange juice:
- Blend the the cooled carrots and ginger into a smooth liquid.
- Add the orange juice to the blended carrot.
- Add salt and water, if required.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Serve warm or chilled with a dash of pepper.