After all the indulgence of the festive season comes the time for some temperance. For the past couple of days, I have been having Koshambir or fruits for lunch. I bore easily and was just wondering what to make for lunch tomorrow, when Amruta of Amsie’s Kitchen posted the pic of this gorgeous chickpea salad on one of the food groups on Facebook.
I make a variation of this salad with kala or hara chana (whole black or green bengal gram). Somehow, I have never made it with chickpeas. Now I wonder why because it was easy to make, delicious, and absolutely filling.
Soaking Time: 8 hours
“Cooking” Time: 15 minutes
- Chickpeas – 2 Cups
- Tomato – 2 Medium
- Onion – 1 Large
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Chat Masala to Taste
- Chilli Powder to Taste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in 4 or 5 cups of water.
- Drain and wash well.
- Pressure cook for the chickpeas till soft.
- Drain the water.
- Toss the chickpeas in lemon juice, salt, and chilli powder.
- Set aside.
- Chop the tomato and onion to fine pieces.
- Mix the tomato and onion pieces with seasoned chickpeas.
- Sprinkle chat masala and chopped coriander leaves.