I had this absolutely delightful and fresh Raw Mango Pineapple Salsa at Club Mahindra Ashtamudi.
Of course, the combination of Raw Mango and Pineapple is a marriage made in heaven as it evident from Ambo Annanas Sasam, a popular Konkani recipe. I could not get over the medley of sweet, tangy, and spicy taste of this salsa and tried it at home recently with excellent results.
What I loved about making Raw Mango Pineapple Salsa is that it involved absolutely no cooking and can be put together in a few minutes. I let the salsa rest for an hour so that the various flavours meld together. Do ensure that the mango is tangy and the pineapple is sweet for best results.
How to Make Raw Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 1/4″ Cubes of Pineapple Pieces – 1 Cup
- 1/4″ Cubes of Raw Mango Pieces – 2/3 Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Let the salad or salsa rest for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Enjoy the Raw Mango Pineapple Salsa!
- I found that using equal proportions of mango and pineapple makes the salsa a bit sour and hence the 3:2 proportion.
Leave a Reply