This is one of those simple curries that I make when I am rushed or then am not in a mood for elaborate cooking. It is a great accompaniment for rotis and is very simple to make. Best of all it does not need to many ingredients!
- Tomatoes – 4 large
- Onion – 1 Medium-sized
- Green Chillies – 3
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – A Large Pinch
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Curry Leaves – A Few
- Chop the onion into 1/2″ pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes into 1″ pieces.
- In a wok, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter.
- Add cumin seeds and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Add the slit green chillies and chopped onion.
- Stir-fry till the onion turns transparent.
- Add the tomatoes pieces.
- Over medium heat, stir-fry till the tomato pieces turn soft.
- Add the curry leaves, salt, sugar, and turmeric.
- Mix well.
- Serve hot with rotis.
- Tomato Pappu or Tomato Dal (Lentils with Tomato) (aahaaramonline.com)
- Carrot Koora or Carrot Curry (aahaaramonline.com)
Leave a Reply