Jeera Rice is one of those simple dishes that has the power to elevate another dish to greater heights. One of my favourite food combinations is Dal Fry and Jeera Rice. I have already blogged about Dal Fry yesterday so here is the recipe for Jeera Rice.
How to Make Jeera Rice
- Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
- Ghee or Clarified Butter – 2 tsp
- Jeera or Cumin – 1 tsp
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the rice and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool.
- Spread the rice in a large platter or on a fine cotton cloth to cool and dry a bit.
- In a wok/kadai, heat the ghee.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry till they start to change colour.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add rice to the kadai and mix well with a light hand.
- Serve with hot Dal Fry or Rajma Masala.
- You could add some salt to the rice before cooking it or then at the very end.