Pineapple Sheera | Pineapple Kesari is a variation of the plain Sheera or Rava Kesari. I first had it at Ram Ashraya in Matunga and many times ever since. However, I have never made it at home. As I was returning from my morning walk today, I spotted my fruit vendor selling Pineapple slices. I bought several slices because my father likes to nibble on them.
After I got up from my siesta yesterday, I thought of making Sheera for Dad as an evening snack and it was then that I remembered the Pineapple slices and made Pineapple Kesari. 🙂
Before I discovered Pineapple Sheera, the only version of Sheera with a fruit that I knew was Banana Sheera or Sapata that is made for Satyanarayana Pooja.
How to Make Pineapple Kesari | Pineapple Sheera
Pineapple Kesari or Pineapple Sheera is the traditional Suji Halwa with pieces of pineapple in it. It is a great variation to make and is a nice twist to a traditional favourite.
- 3/4 Cup Rava or Semolina
- 3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Pineapple
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Ghee
- 10 to 12 Cashew Nuts
- 6 to 8 Drps Yellow Food Colour
- Boil the water.
- Add the sugar to it.
- Simmer till the sugar melts.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the yellow food colour.
- Set aside.
- Chop the Pineapple to fine pieces.
- In a kadai or a heavy-bottomed vessel, heat the ghee.
- Split the cashew pieces and add to the ghee.
- Fry till light brown.
- Add the rava and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Pineapple pieces.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add the hot sugar water.
- Mix well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Turn the heat up to medium.
- Cook till the water is absorbed.
- Serve warm.