I make Poha, Atukulu, or Beaten Rice for breakfast every week. I make it in very many different ways as:
- Kanda Pohe or with Onion
- Batata Pohe or with Potato
- Vangi Pohe or with Brinjal
- Matar Pohe with Peas
- Indori Pohe as made in Indore
- North Indian Style Poha with Fried Potatoes and Peanuts
- Dadpe Pohe, an uncooked version from Maharashtra
- Atukula Daddojanam or Mosaru Avalakki with Dahi or Yogurt
- Benarasi Chura Matar
Today I am presenting Nimmakaya Atukula Pulihora, which is a easy-to-make snack or breakfast; it is light yet filling. It is a variation of Nimmakaya Pulihora which is made with rice.
Atukula Nimmakaya Pulihora | Elumichai Aval | Nimbu Poha
- 1.5 Cups Atukulu, Poha, Beaten Rice
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tsp Udad Dal
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3 Red Chillies
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- A Few Curry Leaves
- Soak the beaten rice in water for about 30 seconds.
- Drain and set aside in a colander for about 30 minutes.
- In a kadai/wok, heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add udad dal and fry till light brown.
- Add the peanuts and split red chillies.
- Fry till the peanuts start to pop.
- Add the curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- Add the soaked beaten rice, salt, and turmeric.
- Mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Set aside for 10 mins.
- Serve the Nimmakaya Atukula Pulihora.