One the bloggers I follow regularly is Sapana Behl who writes at. A pure vegetarian, Sapana has the most delightful range of recipes on her blog. Right now I am eyeing her .
When I requested Sapana for a guest post she agreed immediately! More importantly she came up with Baklava, a recipe that I have been meaning to try for quite a while. In fact just yesterday I was browsing an online Gourmet shop for Filo sheets. What is it that Paul Coelho wrote in The Alchemist? Ah yes, “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” So true in this case!
You can view Sapana’s work at:
Thank you, Sapana for this wonderful recipe for Baklava Rolls. Over to you!
How to Make Baklava Rolls
Baklava Rolls - Guest Post by Sapana Behl
- 1/2 cup pistachios coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup almonds coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 Phyllo sheets
- 1/2 cup clarified butter/ghee
- Thaw the phyllo sheets as per package instructions.Keep the remaining sheets
- in refrigerator to be used with in 4 days.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for filling and mix well until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a baking tray with butter.
- Start working with one sheet of phyllo keeping the other covered with a damp cloth.
- Brush the phyllo sheet with ghee.On the short side arrange a tablespoon of filling from one edge towards other.
- Gently roll the sheet inwards and brush the rolled part with ghee.Add one more tablespoon of filling and brush the rolled part each time with ghee.
- Repeat the same procedure with all phyllo sheets.
- Arrange the sheets in baking sheet .Cut the sheets as per desired size.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water for 10-12 minutes.Add lemon juice to prevent crystallization.
- Remove the roll from oven and pour the sugar syrup over warm rolls.
- Serve and enjoy!!